On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please beieve me when I say use Blender, and it's Python API. It's a 3-D
> app, and you can code python with it.
>
> The game engine will make it muche easier for you to do 'new age' gaming.

I don't understand how this relates to the question in the original
post.  Blender is used to create 3D assets for a game.  It's not a
game engine of its own though, is it?  I thought the original question
was about how to write the game engine, particularly how to have both
Tk widgets and a PyGame Screen both display, so that he can take
advantage of pre-built Tk widgets like buttons and list boxes, and use
PyGame to render his in-game playing field.

I agree that blender looks like a great way to create 3D assets for a
game, but since the OP was talking about sprites, I don't think
Blender is going to be of any help to him.

Jerry