On 29/09/13 21:42, Rafael Knuth wrote:

iteration. I know my program is super cheesy & primitive, but I don’t
care, it does what I expect it to do,

Really? You wrote a program that printed out a different
program to the one you ran and that's what you wanted?
It doesn't do anything about creating a ToDo list.
It doesn't even bring you any closer to creating a ToDo list.

Now, if instead of just printing it you actually ran
the code you print it might actually get you somewhere
closer.

But at the moment your program is exactly equivalent to

print('Hello world')

except more verbose in its message.

print("""

Welcome World's Most Geeky To Do List Program

G E E K L I S T  1 . 0

If you want to add items to the list, enter:

text_file = open("ToDoList.txt", "w")
text_file.write("add your item here ")
text_file.write("add action item here ")
text_file.write("you get the point, right?")
text_file.close()

If you want to print your to do list, enter:

text_file = open("ToDoList.txt", "r")
print(text_file.read())
text_file.close()

We are constantly improving our program, watch out for version 2.0!

""")

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site