On 09.03.2016 04:41, syed zaidi wrote:
Well,  I know about it but I want to perform the task using python 2.7 since
the tool I'm trying to develop is in 2.7. For some reason I want to do it
without biopython please help. ..

Fair enough. Parsing the fasta and the other (was it gff?) input is not that difficult with just built in functionality and you've described the other necessary steps already. However, as pointed out by Alan, this mailing list is not there for writing scripts for you, but to help you with particular coding and understanding problems. So show us what you've tried so far and what you couldn't get working, then we cann certainly tackle these problems.

Best,
Wolfgang