> On Aug 11, 2018, at 20:34, James Gledhill via Tutor <tutor@python.org> wrote:
>
> I know this is a python focused mail group, but you asked about Linux so I'll
> answer. :-)
> I would strongly recommend that you skip Kali Linux for the next little
> while. Every tool available on Kali can be obtained on Ubuntu. Kali is not
> beginner friendly, and while the community is great, honestly it's not the
> most beginner friendly either. If you don't feel comfortable installing the
> tools you need for your course on Ubuntu, Kali is going to give you a
> splitting headache. Stick with Ubuntu, learn python, install the tools as you
> need them and you will learn so much more.

I will second that, and add if you really NEED Kali, it’s possible to run it as
a Live image (eg, off a USB stick); you don’t need to install it to use it.
https://docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-install

Doing it this way, you get better flexibility with having Kali without
[potentially] destroying what’s currently on your system through trying to set
up a multi-boot environment.

Bite of smaller chunks instead of trying to learn everything at once and you
will be a lot happier.

—
David Rock
da...@graniteweb.com