On 20/02/2019 14:30, Mario Ontiveros wrote:
Hello,
     I am new to python and have been stuck on this for a while. What I am
trying to do is to remove rows with void, disconnected, and error on lines. The
code I have does that, the only problem is that it removes my header because
void is in header. I need to keep header.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

with open("PSS.csv","r+") as f:
     new_f = f.readlines()
     f.seek(0)
     for line in new_f:
         if "Void" not in line:
             if "Disconnected" not in line:
                 if "Error" not in line:
                  f.write(line)
     f.truncate()

Mario Ontiveros

Something like (completely from memory so untested) :-

with open("PSS.csv","r") as inf:
   lines = inf.readlines()

with open("PSS.csv","w") as outf:
   fiter = iter(lines)
   line = next(fiter)
   outf.write(line)
   for line in fiter:
if "Void" not in line and "Disconnected" not in line and "Error" not in line: # probably a simpler way of writing this but I'm knackered :-)
           outf.write(line)
what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence