On 26/06/19 4:56 AM, Alan Gauld via Tutor wrote:
On 25/06/2019 15:52, Sinardy Xing wrote:

My question is, how currently all of this great technology glue together
and as a final product for the enduser. Because I cant imagine that we
install Anaconda Jupyter Notebook at frontend for the enduser to use it,
and give end user bunch of *.py

You sort of can and there are tools for wrapping it all up in an
installable package. More commonly you create a desktop application
using the GUI toolkit of your choice and generate the graphical output
and display it yourself (using pyplot etc)

NB this is NOT intended as a discussion about the specifics of the OP's situation, nor of the OP personally!

This illustrates an interesting (at least to me?us) side-effect: in order to reduce "cognitive load" we often introduce training by using the most straight-forward or 'simple' tools. In this case Jupyter (which I think a most marvellous invention).

However, such illustrative devices are often not what is used in the 'average' development department (assuming there is such a thing). Thus the training meets the knowledge-need (we hope) but not the requirements of practical application in the work-place.

On the other hand, should training in Python, and more specifically, the likes of matplotlib, involve any forlorn attempt at universal coverage of 'the programmer's tool-set'?

Your thoughts?
--
Regards =dn