On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 05:37:09PM +0100, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> I'm not sure. And Bill actually *has* used a darker red in parts
> of the drawing.

In the bridge picture, I simply used the "Darken" tool.
(You'll notice the hills in the background are darker there, too,
since the darken tool is kind of large... but it's hard to notice,
thanks to optical illusions :) )

In the pepper still life, I got a little darker red by using other colors
(like black and dark grey) and then blurring and/or smuding.

> > Also consider blood.
>
> I'd rather not.

Albert definitely comes from the "kids want to draw blood and guts" camp.
That's fine, but now that we have guns, tanks and explosions in the stamps,
I'm definitely seeing a need to split them up, so that parents can choose
which things to install.

I've always planned this... no reason to include planets and currency
when all the parent/teacher wants is animals and plants.  No reason to
include holiday and religious stuff, if all they want is planets and outer
space. :^)

<snip>
> What do other people on this list think? I've put up two images
> for comparison:
>
> Albert's sky blue:
> http://www.huftis.org/kritikk/tuxpaint-skyblue.png
>
> 'My' light blue:
> http://www.huftis.org/kritikk/tuxpaint-lightblue.png

Well, honestly, I see use for both of them, but I've got to stop thinking
like an adult.

Albert's definitely looks a little more gloomy/overcast, but I can see it's
usefulness in both sky and water situations.  (Also, blue is one of my
favorite colors, so I'm a little biased :^) )

> At "http://www.colorcharts.org/"; you can search on colour names
> (for approx. RGB values). For 'sky blue', I think YY19-Y76L-1QH1
> ('Sky Blue') and XX1B-BPTQ-FFPW ('Sky Blue 1') look rather nice.

Those two do look nice.

<snip>
> Stamp tinting, for instance.

Yes, we do want to keep track of stamp tinting (and Tint magic tool tinting,
though honestly that code's got to change), when picking colors.

-bill!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          April shower bring Kompressor power!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/