On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> John King will host a political show to directly compete with
> "Hardball." As opposed to hosting an actual news and information show
> which would stand out as the only one of its kind on cable.*
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091112/ap_en_tv/us_tv_lou_dobbs

The WaPo
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/12/AR2009111208290.html?hpid=topnews)
describes it differently, as CNN counterprograming opinion with
straight news

"The decision, described by network sources, amounts to a doubling
down on straight news. King, a former Associated Press writer, is
known for his reporting and neutral approach to politics, while Dobbs
has grown increasingly opinionated in recent years, especially on such
issues as his opposition to illegal immigration.

"The program will reflect what CNN is all about: the widest range of
opinions from across the political spectrum," CNN President Jon Klein
said in a statement. He said King will "share his passion and his
insights about what is really going on in Washington and across the
country." "

I gave up on KO a long time ago, and even though I love Rachel I can't
watch her regularly. If CNN wanted to experiment with doing actual
news programs I might start watching them again, but I doubt they
will.