________________________________
From: Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com>

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:36 AM, PGage <pga...@gmail.com> quoted:

> "The program will reflect what CNN is all about: the widest range of
> opinions from across the political spectrum," CNN President Jon Klein
> said in a statement.

This tells you everything you need to know about what is wrong with
broadcast journalism. News has NOTHING to do with a wide range of
opinions. It has to do with facts and the delivery of accurate and
necessary information. An opinion is what tarnishes a newscast. If Jon
Klein doesn't understand this basic rule, he needs to run, not walk,
away from his job and give it to someone better schooled in the arena
than he -- a barking seal, perhaps. I mean, seriously, if enough
people repeat statements like his, we run the risk of forgetting what
the truth actually is.