From: tvornottv@googlegroups.com [mailto:tvorno...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Joe Ryan
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:23 PM
To: tvornottv@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] Re: Leno Out At 10pm ET Effective 2/14

Here's one guy thoughts on what going to happen with Leno and Conan.

First NBC's going to pull Conan sooner rather than later because they can't
have the host of one of their flagship shows slagging the network and Jay
every night.
Jay and NBC can say with SOME plausible deniability they didn't want this to
happen, Conan could stay on the Tonight Show but he quit so we gave it back
to Jay.
Up until the Olympics, the Tonight Show is either a Leno rerun or it's guest
hosted. During the Olympics, NBC keeps promoting Leno's return to the
Tonight Show March 1st .
NBC puts in the 10 pm slot some combination of L&O reruns, Dateline NBC and
possibly rerunning their USA programs hoping one gets traction.
Conan goes to Fox where after a good start he settles into a battle with
Dave and Nightline for second as after a year Jay is back in first place in
late night prompting NBC to say they were right all along.