On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:06 PM, donz5 <do...@aol.com> wrote:

> It's these little things that bug me, because if Carter is this sloppy
> with the minor details (this, Jay's appearances on LN), it calls into
> question the major ones.

I knew a guy at NBC with extensive inside knowledge of the Carson and
Leno camps (in other words, he knew on the west coast what DonZ knows
about the east coast). He noticed (and meticulously logged) all of the
errors in "The Late Shift" at the time of its release. The primary
mistakes are the ones Don is pointing out, mostly errors in when
things happened or the extent one event affected another. It was
decided the errors were deliberate in order to weave a stronger
narrative thread -- in other words, to imply or infer connections that
aren't there. Of course, in many cases the causality is what many
people want to know, since they already know the outcome.