On Aug 6, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Joe Ryan wrote:

> I'm wanting to record some programs coming up but only have over the air
> digital, no cable.
> If a buy a Series 2 TiVO, will I need a digital converter box?

Yes, and the converter box will need to be one of the supported models from
this list:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/310/

(Also, you'll need to make sure you're getting an original Series 2, and not
the more recent Series 2DT, which don't have over-the-air capability.)

> I have an older VCR. Would it be better for me to get the converter and use
> the VCR?

Better for your wallet, but the TiVo experience is much, much better than using
a VCR.

--
Jim Ellwanger <train...@ellwanger.tv>
<http://www.ellwanger.tv>