You could search amazon or newegg or even Bestbuy for external hard drive
enclosures. That would let you access the data on the drive and continue to
use it for backup.  Most hard drives are increasingly  prone to failure
after 3 years. I would not advise leaving anything on the drive that you do
not want to lose.
John