On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:26:48 PM UTC-5, Jon Delfin wrote:

> I just started watching last night's "Castle." There's a shot of
> what's supposed to be a subway entrance, where you can catch the IRT 1
> and 9 trains. The MTA took the 9 line out of service in 2005. I guess
> those back lots really aren't getting a lot of use. Or at least, not a
> lot of care.
>
> jd

There have always been a lot of shows that take place in New York but
actually shoot in LA, and usually it doesn't bother me. But whenever I
watch "Castle," I never believe I'm in New York for an instant. Whenever
the investigation leads them to visit an office building (usually once or
twice an episode), the lobby is always glass-enclosed, and the view out the
window is clear blue sky. If they were really in New York, the view out the
window would be, well, more buildings.

-Tim