It may just be the Yankee fan in me, but I really liked the Mariano's
moment at the bottom of the 8th. For one, I thought running "Enter
Sandman"* over the PA was a nice touch; doubly so since it's CitiField, and
walk-on music for a visiting player is almost unheard of - trust me, this
didn't happen during the Subway Series - so points to the Mets and/or MLB.
I don't know if the players organically came to the decision to stay off
the field during Mariano's walk-on or if that came down from upstairs, but
I thought it was a very classy move and a great show of respect for
arguably the best closer to ever play the game.

My only complaint is that it felt like maybe the moment ran a little long,
but that could have been because Mariano walked on directly after Neil
Diamond's performance of "Sweet Caroline" (which, honestly, should have
been attached to the 7th Inning Stretch).

*Yes, "Enter Sandman" is Mariano's normal walk-on music. And hearing Tim
McCarver trying to analyze the chorus is something I'll never unhear.