 From: PGage <pga...@gmail.com>
To: tvornottv@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [TV orNotTV] The Story Of MTV And Stephen Colbert

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Jon Delfin <jondel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Except.

>While I enjoy a Colbert evisceration as much as anyone, I began to have my
>doubts as the subsequent musical video montage unfolded, one which was clearly
>created with much planning over the past month or more. So ... they were
>planning that all along, and just changed the setup?

My problem was that until last night I literally had never heard of Daft Punk
(I have now found out they are a real group that really does have the #1 song
of the summer, and I guess that really was the song that was being played over
that montage). For much of the whole bit I thought the whole thing was just a
faux controversy leading up to the ultimate guest (whose song, and video, I am
familiar with) who I assumed had been planned all along. Later, after some
investigation, I discovered that the whole thing was real (or as real as things
get in Colbert-land).

I think that montage was originally planned as a lead into to Daft Punk, and
would have worked fine in that way.