Three different reactions to this:

1. He mentions that as recently as March 16 they were debating about how to
end the series. This brings back a thought I had but didn't post after
Vesuvius. I know shooting had wrapped the day before the episode aired.
Could, my thought went, Thomas and Bays, seeing the negative reaction to
even hinting that Tracey was dead, change the ending in some way? I didn't
post it because I assumed there was no way they could. Now it turns out
that not only could, but they did.

2. I know it's a business called show. I get that there's money to be made.
But for Bays to tell a very large group of pissed-off fans that you can see
this "alternate ending" if you buy the complete box set consisting of all
the episodes you already bought each season is just one more middle finger
to them. He doesn't give a damn about the fans. I look forward to them not
giving a damn about their future work.

3. The next person that calls the series finale "polarizing", I'm going to
print out the m-w.com definition of the word, tape it to a brick wall, and
repeatedly slam their head into it until they understand what that word
actually means. The "Lost" finale was polarizing. Just because a few fans
liked it while a significant majority hated it does not mean it was
polarizing.

On Friday, April 4, 2014, Bob Jersey <bob.in.jer...@juno.com> wrote:

> Carter Bays on Twitter earlier tonight (4) revealed the complete-series
DVD box will include an alternate ending discovered through the editing
process.