On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Tom Wolper <twol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Bob Jersey <bob.in.jer...@juno.com> wrote:
>

>> Even if a telecast of this year's Miss USA comes off, a lot will be
>> missing... rapper Flo Rida leads several announced performers that have
>> bolted, as have a majority of the judges... meanwhile Macy's is dumping
>> Trump-branded clothes items at major discounts...
>>
>> Aypee via my ISP
>> <http://www.juno-news.com/news/read/category/Business/article/the_associated_press-macys_dumps_trump_clothing_line_in_response_to_com-ap>
>> (link)
>>

> Both pageant hosts have also quit. Under the best of circumstances I bet
> the logistics of getting a show like this together for live broadcast is
> daunting; at this late date with no broadcaster, no hosts, and no musical
> act, it looks like it would be nearly impossible to have something ready to
> go by July 12. And though I don't think much of beauty pageants, it's a
> shame to see so many people (crew and administrative personnel) lose a
> paycheck because Trump shot his mouth off on the path to electoral
> humiliation.
>
> I know a few stage managers who rely on the pageants as a good chunk of
their income. So far as I know, they haven't been told not to report for
duty. They'll typically start the load-in and stage build of the venue the
weekend before (not sure how the 4th holiday would've affected that).
Musical guests aren't tough to amend, but actually booking an act who wants
to be associated with the fiasco... only Ted Nugent comes to mind. Same
with hosts... you have to fork over cash for someone capable of carrying a
live broadcast. I doubt Tom Bergeron would say yes. Maybe... he he... Brian
Williams?