When Trump beat Fallon last week (or was it the week before) some sources
attributed it to an appearance by Jon Stewart, but it appears to be a
rather broader phenomenon, at least for now.

My dirty secret is that after the election I was unable to watch much in
the way of late night television of any kind for several months, and have
only started now to get back to it. Colbert does seem to have sharpened his
POV, though I still don't approve of his Leno-eske opening antics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/14/stephen-colberts-anti-trump-experiment-is-starting-to-work/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.12ef134ae349

"Colbert lampooned White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, who on
his tour of the Sunday political talk shows asserted that “the powers of
the president to protect our country are very substantial and will not be
questioned. Will not be questioned? Let me test that theory,” Colbert said.
“What the f--- are you talking about?”

Colbert then challenged Miller, who said he is “prepared to go on any show,
anytime, anywhere,” to appear on Tuesday’s Late Show. “Listen, if you don’t
show up, I’m going to call you a liar,” Colbert said. “And if you do show
up, I’m going to call you a liar to your face.”

With forceful remarks like this, Colbert has been gaining
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-colbert-ratings-trump-era-20170207-story.html>
on
late-night king Jimmy Fallon, who is far less inclined to take on the
president in a harsh manner."
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile