On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM PGage <pga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand your point, but what else can a political satire show do? I
> can see a one-off "Day Without Trump" kind of episode, but unlike the first
> six months of his campaign, when he should have been ignored, he really
> can't be now. What they can do is maybe dig down to the third and fourth
> layers of his bullshit - ignore the distracting clown show more often and
> address the substantive horrors his administration is unleashing.

Speaking only for myself, I just don't find Trump jokes to be funny. I
concede a topical comedy show can't ignore the bigoted sexual predator, nor
can they ignore the many lies vomited from his administration, but the
subject matter just isn't something I can laugh about... certainly not on a
daily basis. If Trump wasn't a genuine threat, then I'd say "yuck it up,"
but we are at a tipping point, and although I pride myself on finding humor
in the darkest places, I just can't laugh about the sociopath in the White
House.