I am also thankfor for this clip (and all the interesting BNL material
Youtube provided in the sidebar). I had not heard about the reunification
and it was a delight to see those guys together again.

I have always followed politics closely, and have been following the
Trumpocalypse almost to the point of (many in my family would say well past
the point) of pathological obsession. Predictably the Daniels affair is the
least important and most attended to part of the unfolding disaster (though
it may one day form the basis of one o the articles of impeachment). Still,
as many have noted, it is remarkable that this adult film star was so much
more articulate and competent on 60 Minutes than a member of the Trump
Cabinet who was also recently interviewed.

Daniels made that the highest rated 60 Minutes in ten years, highlighting
one of the questions I had about the whole thing. I dont think it was
unprecedented, but how journalistically ethical was it for 60 Minutes to
hold the interview for two weeks? I read they spent a lot of time editing
it, but if it was really newsworthy (and it wasn’t really) shouldn’t they
have got it to air last Sunday, rather than wait for her lawyer to pimp it
so expertly on cable news, and for the huge eastern time zone audience
 watching the NCAA lead-in)?

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 8:46 PM Kevin M. <drunkbastar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was as enthralled in Stormy as I was with Lewinsky, which is to say not
> even a little bit. Thanks for sharing the BNL clip.
>
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Doug Eastick <east...@mcd.on.ca> wrote:
>
>> While America was all enthralled with the Stormy interview on 60minutes,
>> Canada's excitement was the induction of Barenaked Ladies into the music
>> (Junos) Hall of Fame Sunday night.   This was important because it included
>> the temporary re-unification of BNL with Steven Page, who left the band
>> about a decade ago and they haven't really spoken since.
>>
>> you can search YouTube for the CBC Q interview of Steven and Ed
>> Robertson.  As well for the video of their Hall of Fame induction speeches.
>>
>> Relevant to this list, the Big Bang Theory theme was written by Barenaked
>> Ladies at the invitation of Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady.   I'm guessing
>> their residuals are quite nice, because TMZ reported that a former member
>> is suing a current member for $$.
>>
>> Here's the video of the 2 reunified hits played.   Enjoy your Canadiana
>> for the evening.
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjdvgPULRc

> Kevin M. (RPCV)

Sent from Gmail Mobile