I'm more aligned with Kevin on this topic and don't have much more to add
than this article that summarizes my exposure to the cases of my past 30
years.

Https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1036731

The grey sidebar summarizes my understanding.

Once you add a TOS, the company can do more restrictive things as long as
they are willing to deal with the corporate reputation risk.