As far back as the ‘90s when I was an NBC Page, I was lobbying hard for NBC
to transform the post-Late Night time slot into a place to broadcast
experimental programming. As South Park was a pop culture hit at the time,
NBC lamented their prime time lineup had no room for edgy programming. Then
as now, I think 1:30am would be a great place to try new things. But new
things scare networks, so they’ll find another white guy to wear a suit and
host a cookie cutter show.