And even before the new rules came in, it was safe to say that the newest
from whichever one of Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker has become a rightwinger or a
Dinesh D'Souza documentary were not going to be shoo-ins for Oscar
nominations anyway--although I noticed that a "faith-based" film,
"Breakthrough," picked up a nomination for best song last year ("I'm
Standing With You," written by Hollywood standby--even if she's never won
an Oscar--Diane Warren and sung by Chrissy Metz in the film).  But if "The
Two Popes" was considered eligible for a BAFTA gong (which has a different
meaning here, thanks to Chuck Barris) because highly-placed members of the
Roman Catholic Church are "underexposed," who knows?

Mark Jeffries
spotligh...@gmail.com

Virus-free.
www.avg.com