On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 4:11 PM Mark Jeffries <spotligh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Channel 5's late-night is Brit-centric reality shows.  I don't see them
> being imported.  The Brit chat shows (Graham Norton, Jonathan Ross, whoever
> else) are all once-a-week.

I can't think of a single thing on Channel 5 that would work on a US
network. They did recently do the remake of All Creatures Great and Small
which is PBS Masterpiece I believe, but their output is squarely UK-focused
these days. They've just started doing a handful of original dramas, but
that's about it.

And would you really want to have Piers Morgan airing again in the small
hours with Good Morning Britain?

The big shows in the UK air 9.00-10.00pm - usually dramas. But they've
nearly all already got US homes in
PBS/Netflix/Amazon/Hulu/FX/HBO/Acorn/BritBox. And gameshows/unscripted tend
to way better being reformatted rather than re-broadcast.

Network Ten's late-night is Colbert and a repeat of "The Project," their