On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:15 PM Diner <bwayst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hilarious moment.
> Unfortunately, the only good moment of the show.
> Aaron Rodgers is not good at talking on television. He spoke in a
> sleep-inducing monotone.
> But I'll give him this: On the football-players-hosting-game-shows scale,
> he ranks above Rolf Benirschke.

I meant to write this personally and it would have been more timely then:
it's not fair to judge a host after their first show. The nerves and
insecurity are going to show. If he doesn't loosen up by the end of the
week you have a point.

One thing I hadn't thought of until I heard Rodgers on the Pat McAfee Show
is that the guest host period also serves as training for the staff. They
have spent all those years with the personality and idiosyncrasies of
Trebek that adapting to a new host will take an effort. Sitting in meetings
and working to prepare a guest host every taping week gives them more
flexibility and resilience. They'll have an easier time working with a new
permanent host.