My earliest exposure to Bill Cullen came via the end of his career -
primarily Blockbusters, Password Plus & Hot Potato - when his health was
already failing (although I didn't know that at the time), and I was always
in awe of his ability to balance a jovial persona while maintaining total
command of the pace of the game. Later exposure to his appearances on the
panel shows, of course, revealed that that wasn't strictly a persona.