> “The Hollywood Reporter” suggests that le grande debacle was merely some
4D
> chess by Sony: “nobody can replace Alex, but anybody can replace Mike
> Richards (not Kramer, but the other one).”

Yeah, right.

Even if the geniuses at Sony wanted somebody short-term to take the
pressure off their real choice, they'd still want someone who'd last more
than one day of taping. And they likely wouldn't want someone who'd have to

It's still not clear to me why they didn't just stick with Jennings, or if
they felt they had to indulge Richards, why they wouldn't go back to Ken
now. But what do I know? I'm not playing 4-D chess.