McNally announced the ban on Instagram, then posted that Corden called him
to apologize and he was rescinding the ban. None of this should have been
made public as it was a dispute between restaurant management and a
customer. Reading the articles doesn’t give me an impression of Corden as
much as it does McNally and it’s not a good one.

Restaurants make errors all the time and customers generally have the
social tools to resolve the problem without blowing up. I have heard of the
86 list, usually in a neighborhood bar. The people on that list drink too
much and become abusive to the staff or other patrons. And that could have
been Corden’s problem: he was drunk and couldn’t resolve the problem calmly.