As Adam wrote previously, in the group stage with 4 games a day it makes
sense to bring on freelancers. When it comes down to one game a day Fox
will use their top team.

I think the Fox team of John Strong, Stu Holden, and Jenny Taft are okay.
Like you, I prefer a British broadcast team. The best thing NBC did when
they landed the Premier League was to bring in experienced British
announcers and not try to explain every little detail to viewers.

Peter Drury is now calling the NBC 12:30 ET game and I love his
descriptions of delightful strikes, delicious goals, and naughty fouls.