> On Jun 12, 2016, at 13:32, Itamar Turner-Trauring <ita...@itamarst.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Since we're starting to get PRs from random people it's worth trying to make
> the process as friendly as possible.
>
> So, maybe instead of telling new contribtutors "PRs won't be reviewed without
> an issue, see contributor guidelines" it would be better to say "Thanks for
> the PR! I opened an issue for this PR here (tm.tl/12345). In the future we'd
> appreciate it if you could open an issue before submitting PRs; see
> contributor guidelines for details".

Anyone who wants to do this is absolutely welcome to.  Personally, I won't be,
but just because there's more than enough work for me to do on the "official"
review queue if I have time for it, and manually de-duplicating all the data is
challenging.

> If someone went out of their way to provide a fix, we should try to minimize
> any unnecessary stop-energy they encounter along the way, even if that means
> some people won't learn the intricacies of the process.

I don't have any interest in teaching people the intricacies of this somewhat
janky process :-).  The sooner we can switch to the "review queue" simply being
open PRs, the better; so thanks for volunteering to manage the correspondence
in the meanwhile.

-glyph