On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Ed Finkler <funkat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OAuth may have mitigated (not blocked) *one* particular worm that was
> sending messages directing people to a phishing site. And yes,
> removing everyone's shoes does stop the shoe bombing attack. Whether
> or not this actually makes you *safer* is something we should very
> carefully consider. Personally, I'd say it helps, but only a little --
> far less than most of our Thought Leaders claim.
>
> --
> Ed Finkler
> http://funkatron.com
> AIM: funka7ron
> ICQ: 3922133
> Skype: funka7ron

So what do *you* recommend Ed (that goes for everyone that is criticizing
OAuth, including Alex)? I see a lot of criticism against OAuth, but I see no
suggestions for a solution.  Right now, I think it's a step in the right
direction - I see a lot of theories here, but not a lot of urgency to fix
the problem.  As I said, I don't care what the solution is - I just need
something, other than requiring my users to enter their plain text usernames
and passwords.  There's huge urgency here - what's the solution to the
problem?

Jesse