We'll certainly be doing our utmost to incentivize developers to move
to OAuth. The next major version of the API will be OAuth-only, for
example.

Of course, once we offer OAuth, it would be nice to see the same
community pressure that's been applied to us put towards companies
like Amazon. The Amazon.com iPhone app collects my username and
password, and that account is actually tied to my credit card
information. Where are the blog posts about their anti-patterns?

--
Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
http://twitter.com/al3x