The response should be ordered with most recent followed/followers first in the list.

Another developer noted duplicates; we'll look into that.

Matt K. wrote:
Alex -

This is a great addition to the API - will make things much easier.

Quick question (and I apologize if this is already documented): do the
followers / friends always come in descending order of when they
friendship/follow was created? In other words will the most recent
follow/friend always be first?

I know the original followers call was ordered in the order in which
the follower joined twitter. Hoping this isn't set up the same way -
it would be nice to basically stop iterating over the list once a
repeat friend/follower is found.

Thanks for the clarification,
Matt