I'm stumped. My app is up and running locally, and I have an /etc/
hosts entry pointing local.mydomain.com to 127.0.0.1. My configuration
at Twitter has my callback at http://local.mydomain.com/auth/complete.
My starting point is http://local.mydomain.com/auth/start.

When I run through the process with Firefox, Internet Explorer, or
Safari (all on Windows), everything works beautifully. When I try with
Opera, I get to the Twitter allow/deny page, and when I click the
"Allow" button I can see that the browser briefly does something, but
then it doesn't go anywhere. I'm left staring at the allow/deny page.
The deny button, though, works fine. This behavior is the same whether
I'm already signed into Twitter or not. Looking at my app log, I can
plainly see the browser never came back to my /auth/complete method,
it stayed with Twitter.

But when I run through authentication using Opera with any of the live
demo apps listed at http://apiwiki.twitter.com/OAuth-Examples, they
work fine.

Why the heck would the allow button not work only with my app and only
with Opera? I've tried clearing out all caches and cookies and nothing
has made a difference. I'm grasping at straws here. Anybody got one?