On Apr 26, 8:34 am, Chad Etzel <jazzyc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Opera use its own DNS servers and/or skip local hostfile lookups?
>  I know Chrome does some DNS trickery like this, but I'm not sure
> about Opera.

Opera has no trouble finding the starting point (local.mydomain.com/
auth/start) and redirecting to Twitter. It just won't come back.
Taking a cue from jmathai, I set my app's callback to http://www.aol.com
and went through the auth process. This time the "Allow" button sent
me to AOL.

My guess: Opera doesn't like being redirected to 127.0.0.1. I'll ask
in the Opera forums and report back here for interested parties.

I theorized about that at one point, but since when I clicked Allow I
never saw my app amongst the apps I'd authorized in my account
settings I assumed that wasn't it. I would think the POST to Twitter
that button performs would have set that app as authorized even if the
subsequent redirect didn't work.