On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Philip Plante <pplante....@gmail.com>wrote:

> If this is allowed maybe the community could take this a step further
> and provide a common interface to share data like this.  Any thoughts?

Some sort of shared system that distributes the load across the various
databases (perhaps including the Google social graph API) would be cool from
the standpoint of collaborative activity, if nothing else.  That gets me
wondering what sort of architecture might make sense if it were to be
designed to be extended to additional data types.  One that comes to mind
from discussions here is the idea of tagging accounts business or personal.

I've been scratching my head a bit for the last few days about how all the
social media APIs might interact. A collaborative project like this might be
a very cool step in that direction, since it essentially would be a set of
Twitter-based social apps helping each other.

And... I'm game to participate.  I have about 800K in my database, selected
via some evolving social network analysis.  I'm tagging some as aggregators,
since I choose to ignore them in my analysis, and I've created a flag for
spammers, too, now that they have managed to get through my analytics a few
times.  Sharing that kind of categorization data could be quite powerful.

Memcached  seems like a potential platform for this (see
http://www.danga.com/memcached/).  Any others?

Nick