Huzzah!

It looks like the OAuth gem, when not given the parameter
oauth_callback, automatically passes oob, FTL! :P

So... in our case, we simply did this:
consumer = OAuth::Consumer.new("TOKENZ", "SECRETZ", { :site=>"http://
twitter.com" })
consumer.get_request_token(:oauth_callback => "http://
tweetingtoohard.com/auth_success")

And now things are looking like they ought to :)

Hope that helps anyone else who may be using the OAuth gem with
Ruby :P

--Keith