About the first point, this will just keep happening. The only difference is
that instead of have their credential stolen, they will have their token
stolen. Then, spammers, for example, will use this tokens to send a lot of
spam messages, or do whatever they want. When the user notice it will be too
late.The damage will be done.
Spammers can just provide a simple site, like those test sites around, for
example, and collect a lot of request token before send the spams.
But it is ok, the user can just block this application without changing the
password. That is very nice.

Second,

there will be applications asking for username and password even if twitter
do not support basic authentication anymore. And we can try to "educate" our
users, but, as far as I know all Banks are trying to do this for some couple
of years without success.

The main problem here is that the security breach of all systems is the
user. And unfortunately we can not change them as fast as we can change our
codes. :-(

That is just my opinion and i´m a little "out of date" within oauth. I like
the idea but think that the current flow is very poor for mobile and
embedded devices.

regards,
Otávio Ribeiro