On Aug 8, 6:33 pm, Dewald Pretorius <dpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I would hope that Twitter engineers are all in force at the
> office on a day like this to solve this issue and get our applications
> back up and running, regardless of whether it is Saturday, Sunday, or
> Christmas Day.

I think you're making the assumption that because Chad is off the
clock today, all of Twitter engineering is as well. Hint: Chad isn't
Twitter engineering (or operations, for that matter), he's part-time
support for API consumers. He's also in North Carolina, not SFO. Chad
is not the one working to fend off the DDoS.

I imagine there are a whole bunch of people on the West Coast running
on very little sleep and way too much coffee trying to fight this
thing.

(None of this is meant to indict or vindicate anyone - I'm simply
saying, don't take "Chad has today off" to mean "Twitter's not doing
anything.")