I was trying to be patient with this, but seeing that no one is
complaining, I'm afraid I might be alone here.

One of SimplyTweet's server had not been able to access the API *at
all*. Even /rate_limit_status (nothing to do with OAuth) timeout every
time. Is this expected? No response when I tweeted @twitterapi, as
usual.

    wget "http://twitter.com/account/rate_limit_status.xml?
screen_name=hboon"