On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:40 AM, "Brian Smith" <br...@briansmith.org> wrote:

Paul Kinlan wrote:
Favorites are open to be read, it is just that not many
people use it and I can't actually find who favorited my
tweets - (probably no one in my case ;) - if I had that
information I could do a lot of things (with out
resorting to the RT stream).

I tried it and you are right, I can read anybody's favorites. But, is that intentional? I had always thought my favorites were private and I think that other users have that same expectation of privacy.

- Brian

Am I the only one who thinks favorites is fundamentally wrong? With so much noise, is there any value in marking one tweet as the signal?

I bastardize it and use it as a way to make a list of my favorite users. This allows me to easily get to a small handful of users. I don't care what their tweet was, I just need an easy way to get to them.

This is what I suspect most average users use favorites for. Marking a user.

I asked a few friends just now and they all thought it was a favorite user feature. One thought it was broken because he could mark the same user more than once.

--
Scott
Iphone says hello.