Thanks for your replies, I will try to explain my question better:

My goal is to backup my friends (e.g. the people i follow) in a .cvs
file.
I first do an API call to get all friends, like this <cfhttp
url="http://twitter.com/friends/ids.json?screen_name=#tu#";
method="get" result="output" />
This works great and returns (after using 'deserializejson') an array
of all friends ID's which i append to a Java stringbuffer and write to
a .csv file.

But, what i really need are screen_name's (and not ID's),

So, i am looping over this friends ID array to get screen_name for
each ID with API calls to http://twitter.com/users/show.json
But when a someone has, for example, 3000 friends he's is following,
that means i have to do 3000 API calls, and that is the problem.

So, my question: is there a way to get a users friends screen_name's
in, say,1 API call, just like you can get 3000 ID's with 1 call?

I have not yet tried to get my IP whitelisted (just localhost at the
moment), so i have only 150 API calls/hour.
But even with a whitelisted IP i would run into ratelimit problems
because EACH id-to-screen_name conversion needs 1 API call.

Hoping that someone found a much better way for this :)