In support of what Raffi is saying, I think too many apps are "supports" for
Twitter (some call it "filling holes").  I think the more beneficial, and
long-term advantageous approach is instead to make Twitter a "support" for
your application.  I hope this isn't seen as spam, but I wrote about this
last night in where I suggest we re-evaluate what our "cores" are based on:
http://staynalive.com/articles/2010/04/10/what-is-your-core/

The Twitter app ecosystem is far from dead, is still thriving - we just need
to re-evaluate where our cores are based.  I think Twitter has drawn the
line in the sand on what their core is. It's time we adjust ours so we're
using Twitter as a complement, rather than the other way around.  Just my
$.02 - see you at Chirp!

Jesse