On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Dewald Pretorius <dpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> There is a lot of merit in your point of view with regards to one's
> core.
>
> But, what that also means is the death of the ecosystem as we know it.
> The ecosystem as we know it used to develop "for" Twitter, enhancing
> the Twitter offering.

Death is a strong term.  I think what Twitter is saying (and has been saying
for the last 3 years - I just now am coming to full realization of this) is
that the ecosystem is changing.  They want Twitter to be ubiquitous.  For
that to happen Apps must not be built around Twitter - Twitter must be built
around Apps.  That's why @anywhere is soon going to be launched.  It should
be a complement to your technology, not the other way around. (I'm just as
guilty of this as anyone, but I'm really thinking now)

Jesse