If you're an entrpreneur with strong ethical standards, then never
ever accept investment capital.

Investors could not give a shit about your ethical qualms or
objections, and they are most certainly not going to accept a lower
exit because of them  If you don't play ball, they simply replace you
with someone who will.

Whenever I read about an entrepreneur joyously announcing that he got
such-and-such amount of venture capital, I think to myself, "Dude (or
dudess), I hope you realize that you have just sold your soul and
handed over control of your destiny to someone else."