I seem to remember some debate over how uberTwitter comes out with
such a large share in that analysis, but either way everything I have
seen has pointed to 40% of tweets posted coming from Twitter.com. In
my mind it would be smart for people to think about how to get market
share from that piece of the pie.

I'm not sure I see a significant distinction between Twitter-only
clients and clients that aggregate other services in terms of whether
or not they are in competition with each other.