On 4/26/2010 1:18 PM, Andrew Badera wrote:
Though I've disagreed with Dean's use and means of promoting of his
app since Day One, I hardly think his message rises to the level of
"threat." I think there's enough misinformation, disinformation,
irritation and anger floating around this list these days that the
last thing anyone needs is gratuitous drama, particularly on behalf of
someone NOT employed by Twitter and NOT directly addressed by Dean's
communication and possible intent of said communication.

Here's what I saw it boil down to: Dean saying that if Twitter doesn't like his application and won't approve it because they think that it's spamming or churning, he'll just open source it let others try to whitelist his app under their name. I doubt it will work (unless Dean thinks that they're going after him personally I don't see how others will get approved on the same app just because the name's changed), but it's almost like "you'll whitelist this app one way or another. Your choice."