i don't think "ridiculous" is the right term :P  we're constantly evolving
the API to match up with what our developers are trying to do!

so - that being said - what are you looking for?  are you trying to figure
out which tweets on the home timeline has the authenticating user retweeted?

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team