Hi Omri,

The Streaming API has various levels of access. The most basic doesn't
require any kind of permission, and that's utilizing the sampling resource,
documentation for which can be found here:
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_methods#statuses-sample and
http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api_concepts#sampling

For additional permissions, you'll want to fill out this form:
http://twitter.com/help/request_streaming as well as send a note to
a...@twitter.com (from the same email address associated with the account you
used the form) specifically asking for the role that makes sense for your
implementation.

It's best to get started with the sampling stream, as it lets you begin
coding against the streaming API from a stream that isn't too aggressive in
the amount of data it will be throwing at you.

What are you interested in building?

Taylor